What We Are Doing to Keep Guests Safe
In order to keep guests safe and to conform to UK guidance for accommodation providers, we are following a 2-part response to COVID-19. Firstly, we can provide limited services throughout the month of May. Secondly, at the end of May we will be shutting our doors. Once the pandemic is resolved, we hope to re-open.
Services Through 31 May 2020
In line with UK Government guidelines we can provide accommodation under the following conditions:
- For guests whose primary residence is unavailable
- For key workers and non-UK residents who are unable to travel to their country of residence during the pandemic
- People unable to move into a new home due to the current restrictions
- Homeless and other vulnerable people in coordination with our local authority
- Funeral attendees who cannot return home, same day
Moreover, we are abiding by Airbnb’s Cleaning Guidelines to Help Prevent the Spread of COVID-19. As such, we are cleaning and disinfecting rooms thoroughly. Likewise, rooms remain empty for 24 hours before another guest uses the same room.
Lastly, we can only reduced services. In particular, government guidelines prevent the use of communal areas or food service. Thus, we cannot offer our typical homemade breakfasts in the dining room overlooking the garden.
Part two of our coronavirus response is temporary closure from 31 May 2020. While we are devastated to close our doors, hotels are urged to close as soon as possible. At this time, we hope to re-open once the novel coronavirus is no longer a threat. However, like you, we are unsure when that may be or what exactly the future holds. So, until then, we thank you for your loyal custom over the years and wish you and your loved ones well during this difficult time.