On October 8 Harwood House celebrated its 8th birthday, and this past year has been one of our best. To celebrate, we held a competition on Facebook, awarding a one night stay for two in a deluxe room with breakfast to a lucky winner, Mrs. Jan Haines. We’ve made a few changes this past year to enhance our guests’ experience. With these changes we’ve continued to provide the special kind of service which has set us apart as the premier Stansted B&B in the area. Here is a recap of our last year.
Our Year in Review
- Early this year we had the honor of being awarded four stars by the globally recognized AA hotel accreditation scheme, along with being the number one rated Stansted B&B in Great Dunmow on Tripadvisor.
- We refurbished our deluxe rooms and made our already inviting home even more welcoming for our guests.
- We rebranded with a smart new logo, sign and website by Sproutee Solutions. This helped match the quality of service provided at Harwood House Stansted B&B and give our new guests confidence in their choice prior to their arrival.
- We partnered with local attractions such as the Talliston House and celebrated the bounty of our beautiful countryside by participating in events such as Farmhouse Breakfast Week with our Breakfasts for Localvores, the Dunmow Carnival and honoured the Dunmow tradition of high quality bacon with a festive blind bacon tasting from three local farms.
- Harwood House also provided special packages for local events such as the V Festival that showcased incredible artists including Justin Timberlake, The Killers, Ed Sheeran, Paolo Nutini, Lily Allen, Bastille, Kaiser Chiefs, and many more. We also provided accommodations for guests in town for Le Tour De France in nearby Uttlesford.
What a great year it has been for our little B&B and we look forward to many more.
Stansted B&B with Park and Fly and Locally-Sourced Breakfast
Whether you are travelling through Stansted Airport and need a place to stay with secure parking, are visiting the area for a special event, or simply wish to visit Great Dunmow, co-owners Ian and Helen welcome you to Harwood House. Every day, chef Ian lovingly prepares delicious and locally-sourced breakfasts that are a favourite of our guests, enjoyed at separate tables overlooking our beautiful garden. As Harwood House celebrates its 8th birthday and looks back on the past year, we look forward to serving returning guests and making new friends. You can always book online and feel free to ring us with any questions you may have about our Stansted B&B.