The welcome change from winter to spring has us anticipating the Easter Bank Holiday, which is right around the corner! Easter in Great Dunmow is an excellent time to enjoy the region. Indeed, there are a number of Easter-themed activities for kids of all ages including egg hunts, luncheons, beer festivals, Good Friday celebrations, craft and garden fairs, and even a jousting show!
There is no better time than Easter in Great Dunmow, so, we encourage you to plan a holiday and a visit to Harwood House. Our Stansted B&B is the perfect destination to host you while you’re in town to celebrate the season. Our relaxing, comfortable accommodations provide respite between activities so you feel rested, rejuvenated, and ready for more fun. Plus, with many additional amenities, from a freshly prepared breakfast each morning to our bespoke taxi service, you can enjoy your stay free of hassle.
Stay and Play – Easter in Great Dunmow
Once you’ve booked your stay at Harwood House, you can begin to plan your play! We have compiled a short list that highlights some of our favourite Easter Bank Holiday activities in Great Dunmow. Hopefully, this will get the planning started.
Top Easter Activities in Great Dunmow
- The Viper Beer Festival begins on Good Friday and runs throughout the holiday weekend. The public house is located at The Common, Mill Green in Essex. The festival will feature a variety of more than 40 ales, ciders, and perries, along with an excellent selection of homemade food. More information about the event can be found on their Facebook page.
- The Clavering Arts and Craft Show will begin on Saturday at 11 am and operate the entire weekend. Original art and photography will be on display and available for purchase. Artists from around the region will be showcasing and selling their wares. Visit the event’s Facebook page for additional information.
- The Woolpack Beer Festival in Woolpack, Chelmsford, will have more than 80 ales and ciders on tap! Enjoy live music each evening for the duration of the festival, which runs from Thursday through Sunday, as well as food and Easter egg hunting. Additional information can be found by visiting their Facebook event.
- Plan to take the kids to the Easter Extravaganza Easter Egg Hunt at Hanningfield Reservoir Visitors Center in Billericay between 10 am and 4 pm on Easter Sunday. Visit with the Easter Bunny, hunt for tasty treats, and make a craft to take home. There is a cost of £7 per child. Details about the extravaganza are online.
- Hedingham Castle in nearby Halstead will be hosting a live jousting show on Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm. Jousting with the Knights of Middle England is an exciting performance for the whole family. In addition to the show, there will be stalls with crafts, food, and entertainment. Tickets can be purchased online on the Hedingham Castle website.
Book a Stay at Harwood House
This is just a small sample of the many wonderful events you can enjoy when you spend Easter in Great Dunmow at the Harwood House. So, to reserve your suite, book online or give us a ring.